Significant increases in fishing quotas for Scottish fishermen

103181-fish-quotas-agreedThe Scottish Government said the deal follows talks between the EU and Norway. It was agreed that the total allowable catch (TAC) for cod can increase by 15%, while haddock catches have been given a 30% boost, with an additional top up of 17% for vessels affected by the discard ban – giving a total increase of over 47%. The quota for North Sea herring will increase by 16% next year. Fisheries Secretary Richard Lochhead said: “These significant increases for both haddock and cod, in line with scientific advice, are good news for the fishing industry. Read the article here 20:19

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.